Our guest accommodation is set 20 yards from the Promenade, sea front and offers 31 en-suite rooms. The property is over 100 years old and spread out over 5 floors, whilst we aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, access may be difficult for people with limited mobility. There are 9 steps up to the reception entrance and due the height of the steps and proximity of the pavement it is not possible to have a ramp installed temporary or otherwise, therefore not suitable for wheelchair users.
We ask that guests with limited mobility, inform us at the time of booking to enable us to allocate a suitable bedroom and make them aware that they will have to use the passenger lift to gain access to the dining room and bar, if they cannot manage one flight of stairs. We will offer assistance in any way we can.
- The main train station is 10 minutes walk.
- The main bus terminal is 10 minutes walk.
- The nearest bus stop is 30 yards.
- There are several local taxi company's, we can make a booking in advance for you.
- You can contact us by telephone, fax or e-mail (details below)
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Please advise of anticipated arrival time, if you have an evening meal booked, or arriving after 6.30pm.
- Parking is on street, no restrictions apply.
- We can assist guests with luggage.
Main Entrance & Reception
- There are 9 wide steps up to the front door with a hand rail on both sides.
- The front door is always locked, please ring the door bell on arrival.
- On check in guests are provided with a front door key for 24hr access.
- Reception hallway with seating.
- 24 hour reception emergency bell.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- The property has 5 floors,
- Lower ground floor:Resident bar area
- Ground floor:Reception entrance, lounge area and 7 bedrooms
- First floor:Dinning room and 5 bedrooms
- Second floor:10 bedrooms
- Third floor:9 bedrooms
- 3 person passenger lift accesses all floors and public rooms, but not all bedrooms.
- Ground floor bedrooms or bedrooms with lift access and no stairs can be requested.
- The covering on stairs and corridors is short pile carpet, all stair cases have hand rails or banisters.
- All bedrooms are en-suite, there is a public toilet on the lower ground and ground floor.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- Guests have access to the lounge area located on the ground floor at all times.
- The lounge is carpeted has ample seating and occasional tables, straight back chairs can be requested.
- There is a television and pool table.
- A selection of local information, magazines, books and board games are available.
Dining Room, & Bar area
- Full English, vegetarian or continental breakfast and pre booked evening meals are served in the dining room, located on the first floor, accessed by the passenger lift or one flight of stairs up from the main reception entrance.
- Furniture is flexible and can be moved on request.
- Tables for 1, 2 or up to 8 persons are available.
- Children's high chairs available.
- Breakfast starters are buffet style, can be served if required, all hot food and beverages are served to your table.
- We are happy to cater for special diets with prior notice.
- Low background music is played in the evening and candles are lit.
- Fully licensed for the sale of alcohol.
- The residents bar is located on the lower ground floor, accessed from the passenger lift or one flight of stairs down from the reception entrance.
- Open in the evening, with occasional live music serving hot and cold alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages.
- Outside smoking area.
- Public toilet.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- There are 31 en-suite bedrooms. Double, twin, single and family rooms are spread over 4 floors.
- Accessed by flights of stairs or passenger lift and no stairs, or passenger lift and a maximum of 5 stairs up and 5 stairs down.
- Your personal needs will be taken into consideration, at time of booking.
- Bedrooms are carpeted throughout and centrally heated, with thermostatic control.
- Tea and coffee facilities are provided.
- Television with freeview, teletext and remote control.
- Toiletries and clean towels provided daily.
- There is a wardrobe, bedside table(s), chest of drawer and or dressing table, with seating in each room.
- Our divan beds are normally made up with synthetic duvets and pillows. We are happy to make up with sheets and blankets if preferred. Please let us know if you suffer from any allergies.
- Extra blankets and pillows provided on request.
- There are en-suite facilities in all rooms consisting of a shower W.C. and wash hand basin.
- We have 3 rooms with baths available on request.
- Hairdryer, shoe cleaning, iron and ironing board, available from reception.
- Assistance dogs welcome.
- Free use of cots and high chairs.
- Access to fridge on request.
- Mobile phone reception in the building depends on provider, good reception from the front entrance.
- Happy to provide local telephone numbers for taxis and equipment hire company's.
- Smoking is not allowed in the building, but permitted at the seated area outside the main entrance, ashtrays provided.
- Fire extinguishers and alarm call points are located throughout the building.
- Smoke and heat detectors with alarm sound are located in each room, to provide and early warning system.
- All staff and proprietors fully aware of evacuation procedure in the event of an emergency.
- General improvements, upkeep, maintenance and decorating.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01524411006 or email us .